Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Liberty ❤ Stitches




I pulled out my Liberty pillow cover last night, applied my fusible fleece and auditioned some perle cotton threads, trying to decide what to use. I threw the decision out to my friends on Instagram and Facebook, looking for opinions, and was so glad I did - I got a few different perspectives and it made me think a little about it.

I started off with the lightest colour, outlining the Drunkard's Path flower both inside and out. Then I added one of the darker blues, to make it pop.


I just love the result (so far!) The stitching just makes the fabrics pop in all their delicate beauty.

Now I just need to decide if I'm done, or if I'll do one more round of the lighter colour thread. Opinions (again!) anyone?

When I'm done with this, I need to make the back. And after seeing Svetlana's beautiful pillow earlier this week, I know I NEED to do some piping on this. I've never done it before. Wish me luck!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it. LOVE IT. I'd leave it as is.

Leigh Anne said...

This looks amazing! I don't think it needs anything else but I also don't think another row would ruin it :)

Don't be scared of piping! It's a lot easier than it looks :)

Canadian Abroad said...

You're done. Because it is perfect.

knottygnome said...

i love your handquilting. it looks great!

Melissa said...

It is just so stunning! The blue truly does make it pop!

Catherine said...

This looks fabulous Sarah

Schulz Family said...

This is gorgeous. I too follow Svetlana. Piping will make it amazing

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Yeah, good luck with the piping, I blame Svetlana for my bad experience at the weekend! Oh the sides were great, corners not so much!

Kwilt Krazy said...

Excellent so far, you shouldn't have any trouble with the piping.

Judith, Belfast said...

Go girl! You can do it! Jxo

Ali Honey said...

It's lovely, Especially the hand stitching.

jeifner said...

Looks great! It looks good as it but it'd also look great with another round :)

Cindy said...

The hand stitching is perfect for this project. I really dig the two colors - it lifts the darker blue fabric.

Katy Cameron said...

Very pretty, I'd leave it :o)

Sheryl said...

So pretty! I don't think it needs anything else at all.

TweetyBeeStitches said...

It's gorgeous as it is! I vote no to adding another row of light quilting. The dark quilting frames it and if you added the light, it might start looking stripey and detract from the beautiful fabrics in this block. You are the BEST perle cotton loving quilter I've ever seen!

Emma said...

It's beautiful Sarah! I think it's perfect as it is as well.

Catrin Lewis said...

I'm a little late to the party but I agree with most - leave it - it's perfect x

Catrin Lewis said...

I'm a little late to the party but I agree with most - leave it - it's perfect x